(1) The State Government shall establish, by notification, a consumer mediation cell to be attached to each of the District Commissions and the State Commissions of that State.
(2) The Central Government shall establish, by notification, a consumer mediation cell to be attached to the National Commission and each of the regional Benches.
(3) A consumer mediation cell shall consist of such persons as may be prescribed.
(4) Every consumer mediation cell shall maintain—
(a) a list of empanelled mediators;
(b) a list of cases handled by the cell;
(c) record of proceeding; and
(d) any other information as may be specified by regulations.
(5) Every consumer mediation cell shall submit a quarterly report to the District Commission, State Commission or the National Commission to which it is attached, in the manner specified by regulations.
Leave a Reply