The District Commission, the State Commission or the National Commission shall, while nominating any person from the panel of mediators referred to in section 75, consider his suitability for resolving the consumer dispute involved.
CHAPTER V: MEDIATION
(1) For the purpose of mediation, the National Commission or the State Commission or the District Commission, as the case may be, shall prepare a panel of the mediators to be maintained by the consumer mediation cell attached to it, on the recommendation of a selection committee consisting of the President and a member of that Commission.
(2) The qualifications and experience required for empanelment as mediator, the procedure for empanelment, the manner of training empanelled mediators, the fee payable to empanelled mediator, the terms and conditions for empanelment, the code of conduct for empanelled mediators, the grounds on which, and the manner in which, empanelled mediators shall be removed or empanelment shall be cancelled and other matters relating thereto, shall be such as may be specified by regulations.
(3) The panel of mediators prepared under sub-section (1) shall be valid for a period of five years, and the empanelled mediators shall be eligible to be considered for re-empanelment for another term, subject to such conditions as may be specified by regulations.
(1) The State Government shall establish, by notification, a consumer mediation cell to be attached to each of the District Commissions and the State Commissions of that State.
(2) The Central Government shall establish, by notification, a consumer mediation cell to be attached to the National Commission and each of the regional Benches.
(3) A consumer mediation cell shall consist of such persons as may be prescribed.
(4) Every consumer mediation cell shall maintain—
(a) a list of empanelled mediators;
(b) a list of cases handled by the cell;
(c) record of proceeding; and
(d) any other information as may be specified by regulations.
(5) Every consumer mediation cell shall submit a quarterly report to the District Commission, State Commission or the National Commission to which it is attached, in the manner specified by regulations.
CHAPTER V: MEDIATION
Section 74: Establishment of consumer mediation cell
Section 75: Empanelment of mediators
Section 76: Nomination of mediators from panel
Section 77: Duty of mediator to disclose certain facts
Section 78: Replacement of mediator in certain cases
Section 79: Procedure for mediation
Section 80: Settlement through mediation
Section 81: Recording settlement and passing of order