(1) No seller offering goods or services through a marketplace e-commerce entity shall adopt any unfair trade practice whether in the course of the offer on the e-commerce entity’s platform or otherwise.
(2) No such seller shall falsely represent itself as a consumer and post reviews about goods or services or misrepresent the quality or the features of any goods or services.
(3) No seller offering goods or services through a marketplace e-commerce entity shall refuse to take back goods, or withdraw or discontinue services purchased or agreed to be purchased, or refuse to refund consideration, if paid, if such goods or services are defective, deficient or spurious, or if the goods or services are not of the characteristics or features as advertised or as agreed to, or if such goods or services are delivered late from the stated delivery schedule:
Provided that in the case of late delivery, this sub-rule shall not be applied if such late delivery was due to force majeure.
(4) Any seller offering goods or services through a marketplace e-commerce entity shall:
(a) have a prior written contract with the respective e-commerce entity in order to undertake or solicit such sale or offer;
(b) appoint a grievance officer for consumer grievance redressal and ensure that the grievance officer acknowledges the receipt of any consumer complaint within forty-eight hours and redresses the complaint within one month from the date of receipt of the complaint;
(c) ensure that the advertisements for marketing of goods or services are consistent with the actual characteristics, access and usage conditions of such goods or services.
(d) provide to the e-commerce entity its legal name, principal geographic address of its headquarters and all branches, the name and details of its website, its e-mail address, customer care contact details such as fax, landline, and mobile numbers and where applicable, its GSTIN and PAN details.
(5) Any seller offering goods or services through a marketplace e-commerce entity shall provide the following information to the e-commerce entity to be displayed on its platform or website:
(a) all contractual information required to be disclosed by law;
(b) total price in single figure of any good or service, along with the breakup price for the good or service, showing all the compulsory and voluntary charges such as delivery charges, postage and handling charges, conveyance charges and the applicable tax, as applicable;
(c) all mandatory notices and information provided by applicable laws, and the expiry date of the good being offered for sale, where applicable;
(d) all relevant details about the goods and services offered for sale by the seller including country of origin which are necessary for enabling the consumer to make an informed decision at the prepurchase stage;
(e) the name and contact numbers, and designation of the grievance officer for consumer grievance redressal or for reporting any other matter;
(f) name and details of importer, and guarantees related to the authenticity or genuineness of the imported products;
(g) accurate information related to terms of exchange, returns, and refund including information related to costs of return shipping in a clear and accessible manner;
(h) relevant details related to delivery and shipment of such goods or services; and
(i) any relevant guarantees or warranties applicable to such goods or services.