(1) Every inventory e-commerce entity shall provide the following information in a clear and accessible manner, displayed prominently to its users:
(a) accurate information related to return, refund, exchange, warranty and guarantee, delivery and shipment, cost of return shipping, mode of payments, grievance redressal mechanism, and any other similar information which may be required by consumers to make informed decisions;
(b) all mandatory notices and information required by applicable laws;
(c) information on available payment methods, the security of those payment methods, the procedure to cancel regular payments under those methods, any fees or charges payable by users, charge back options, if any, and the contact information of the relevant payment service provider;
(d) all contractual information required to be disclosed by law;
(e) total price in single figure of any good or service along with the breakup price for the good or service, showing all the compulsory and voluntary charges, such as delivery charges, postage and handling charges, conveyance charges and the applicable tax; and
(f) a ticket number for each complaint lodged, through which the consumer can track the status of their complaint.
(2) No inventory e-commerce entity shall falsely represent itself as a consumer and post reviews about goods and services or misrepresent the quality or the features of any goods or services.
(3) Every inventory e-commerce entity shall ensure that the advertisements for marketing of goods or services are consistent
with the actual characteristics, access and usage conditions of such goods or services;
(4) No inventory e-commerce entity shall refuse to take back goods, or withdraw or discontinue services purchased or agreed to be purchased, or refuse to refund consideration, if paid, if such goods or services are defective, deficient spurious, or if the goods or services are not of the characteristics or features as advertised or as agreed to, or if such goods or services are delivered late from the stated delivery schedule:
Provided that in the case of late delivery, this sub rule shall not apply if such late delivery was due to force majeure.
(5) Any inventory e-commerce entity which explicitly or implicitly vouches for the authenticity of the goods or services sold by it, or guarantees that such goods or services are authentic, shall bear appropriate liability in any action related to the authenticity of such good or service.